A Quick Chat About CBD
My name is Rashida Bartley, Co-Founder of HighGradeVape.com. I along with my lifelong friend and business partner Rodney Demas aka Demas, started HighGradeVape.com. A place for hemp and cannabis consumers to find everything one needs to get the most out of their plants.
Let me say this, we do not sell or touch flower on this site but we are here for all other needs.
Our core goal is to provide access to top products for today’s cannabis connoisseur. A more in-depth backstory can be found on our about page. However, the quick and the dirty on how I came to this space is simple; I was in chronic pain and CBD changed my whole life. From there I knew I had to lend my voice to the many voices who are championing hemp and cannabis as a viable option for people to use in their wellness regimen and life changing treatment. Demas and I strive to be apart of the community of warriors pushing to destigmatize the cannabis plant.
Our story has also been featured on CannabisMD.com and BBC World News.
I know there are a lot of articles about CBD and this may sound repetitive to some but repetition is how we learn. On the other hand this may be new information to someone else. Either way welcome. Welcome to our first HGV post and welcome to information about all things cannabis and hemp and that includes CBD.
Let's start by saying this - the human body has its own endocannabinoid system!
CBD is a short acronym for cannabidiol, which is the chemical compound that occurs in both the hemp and cannabis plant. CBD does not get you high. Meaning CBD does not cause psychoactive effects that THC can cause.
According to studies and reports issued by The American Medical Marijuana Physicians Association CBD has been known to do the following:
- Strengthens endocannabinoid action by enhancing levels of anandamide. (Anandamide is a naturally occurring arachidonic acid derivative, present in some foods and in mammalian brains, where it acts as a messenger molecule and plays a role in pain, depression, appetite, memory, and fertility.)
- CBD works as a selective endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor, inhibiting the enzyme which degrades anandamide (FAAH) and thereby increasing the levels of the naturally occurring endocannabinoid in the cellular synapse.
- Levels of serotonin are also influenced by CBD.
- CBD’s ability to block the degradation of serotonin may explain some of its positive effects in patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Humans are able to tolerate high dosages of up to 1500mg per day of CBD without having any adverse effects.
Few more facts about CBD:
- CBD helps to promote homeostasis in the body by using its own CB1 and CB2 receptors.
- CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- The US Farm Bill (aka Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018) legalized CBD across the United States.
- CBD only products have none to less that 0.3% THC, it does not get you high.
- You can put CBD oil under your tongue or add it to your morning shake.
- In a 2017 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that CBD reduced the number of seizures experienced patients with Dravet syndrome by 39%.
- Reduce Anxiety, PTSD and Depression
- Relieve Pain
- May Reduce Acne
- Reduce Insomnia
- Effective on people with psoriasis, an inflammatory skin condition
- Effective on people with chronic inflammation
CBD can be taken via:
- Oral Tinctures
- Topicals – such as salves, lotions and balms
- Edibles – such as chocolate, gummies, mints, and infused in food
- Smokeable CBD - such as pre-rolls
- Skin and Beauty Care Products
- Pet Care Products
Developing a CBD regimen for increased wellness takes some personal tinkering (and consistency once the right combination is found). Just like a workout regimen each program needs to be tailored to the person. For example some may prefer topicals over tinctures, other vapes vs. edibles. That is the reason why we pride ourselves on offering and number of products and delivery methods so one can find exactly what they need for wellness.
When choosing a CBD product make sure you look for products that have been lab tests and certified. All CBD products on our site pass this level of scrutiny before we bring them to consumer. It is important to remember to always consult your healthcare provider when adding anything to your health and wellness regimen.
Check out all CBD products carried on highgradevape.com
Looking for a medical marijuana doctor visit marijuanadoctors.com